Trendy Contemporary Allure with Asian Twist for Cosmopolitan Ladies - 100% Handmade 925 Sterling Pendant Necklace with Chinese Red Agate
~ Featuring ~
* ELEGANTLY HANDMADE: Handmade piece by piece, no factory mass production - 100% finely crafted by highly skilled artisans from Beijing in China
* ETHICALLY SOURCED: We directly partner with and source all our products from genuine local artisans - each purchase is a unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalized ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage
* MATERIAL: Top Quality 925 Sterling Silver with Exquisite Hotan Jade and Red Agate. Comes with Certificate of Identification issued by Chinese National Jewelry Inspection and Certificate Center
* EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP COMBINING TRADITION AND INNOVATION: Uniquely handcrafted using traditional carving art and enamelling technique from Ancient Chinese cultural heritage - A tribute to the past Imperial splendour in unique modern style
* TRENDY CONTEMPORARY LOOK WITH ORIENTAL ZEST: Smooth Asian design with lucky floral elements / Chinese characters / bats/ magpies uniquely enriched with hypnotising red agate - Enhance your worldwide chic statement with authentic oriental aptitude!
This charming pendant necklace revisits the beauty of Chinese cultural heritage in contemporary key. Skilfully handcrafted by Beijing jewel makers from sterling silver, it features an intricate carved profile with bats/magpies/flowers /enlivened with enamel/ traditionally symbolising happiness/luck, to support charming red agate as a further wish for health and prosperity. Wear on neutral cardigans to upgrade your daily look or on a slightly low-cut midi floral dress for a casual chic outfit.
Chinese Hotan Jade and Red Agate: a Long-Lasting Chinese Heritage
Each beautiful jewel is handcrafted by fine artisans in Beijing using exclusive Hotan jade and Sichuan red agate reinterpreting the style of Qing Palace jewelry in an original contemporary key.
Unlike other common types of agate, red agate locally known as Nanhong agate is extremely rare and thus very precious, It can only be found today in China, especially in Yunnan and Sichuan province. Nanhong agate has been known since Western Han Dynasty (200 BC) and was very appreciated in royal courts under Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), where it was used to carve jewelry and decorative objects. Nanhong Agate is particularly cherished because of its intense red, a colour traditionally regarded as symbol of prosperity in Chinese culture.
Today, jade and agate have become increasingly rare due to the progressive exhaustion of sources.
Item number: XJHTY925CYDZ108
Measurements: diameter: 1 x 0.8inch, 5g, chain length:17.3inch
Material: 925 Sterling Silver and Hotan Jade and Red Agate
Care instructions: Red Agate is very delicate. Do not rub against hard surfaces, keep away from chemicals to avoid corrosion and avoid continuous exposure to sunlight. Wipe it with a soft cloth after wearing and store it in a box. To remove sturdier stains, use soft brush with light soap and water. As jade naturally contains water, keep it in an area of humidity to prevent over-drying.
Help Us to Help!
With this purchase you contribute to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly to your door. Thank you for supporting us!