True Statement of Oriental Beauty - 100% Handwoven Scarf in Pure Cotton
~ Featuring ~
* Unique example of ethnic textile art with preciously original patterns of oriental taste *
* 100% skilfully handwoven by Dai ethnic ladies - A luxurious blend of ethnic craftsmanship and modern oriental aesthetic *
* Smooth allure and thick texture to protect from cold or windy weather -comfortable and warm *
* Comes in a variety of finely designed patterns and vibrant colours to suit all tastes, ideal for Winter, Spring and Autumn! - a truly oriental casual chic! *
* A unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage! *
This breath-taking scarf is a unique statement of ethnic textile art! This luxurious item is 100%handwoven by talented Dai lady artisans in pure cotton thread to ensure you a top-quality product. Its rich and thick texture features the typical, vibrant diamond patterns of Dai weaving style glowing in a variety of colour-clashes. Match this scarf to your black coats to inject some ethnic vibes in your winter days, or wear it with light jackets to protect you from wind and frizzy air in autumn or spring. Match it with your formal dresses if you want to wrap yourself around charming oriental breeze for special evenings.
About Dai Handweaving
Each scarf is originally designed and handwoven by Dai ladies living in the subtropical forests of Xishuangbanna in the Yunnan Province of Southwest China, where their unique cultural tradition has flourished autonomously from the rest of China. In Dai unique tradition, the art of Brocade is an essential skill for women to get a good marriage. The fabric, usually cotton or silk, is handwoven with a handloom, a traditional device made of vertical wood-shafts. Sitting at the centre of the wooden frame which holds the warp in tension, the weaver encases the horizontal weft threads through by pushing a treadle to lift and lower the heddles. The handsome abstract patterns, usually realised on red, white or black background, typically represent natural elements such as horses, deer, elephants, peacocks, trees and flowers, which reveal the peaceful and joyful spirit of Dai people and their Buddhist tradition.
Measurement: 162cm x 57.5cm
Help us to Help!
With this purchase you are contributing to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to the mission of improving the quality of life of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserving their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly at your door. A big thank you for supporting us!
* 100% HANDWOVEN SCARVF BY ETHNIC LADIES, NOT FACTORY MASS PRODUCED *