Unique Statement of Oriental Luxury - 100% Handwoven Ikat Scarf in Pure Cotton
~ Featuring ~
* Exquisite example of oriental textile art with elegantly authentic patterns of oriental taste *
* 100% skilfully handwoven by expert Thai ladies - A unique encounter of ancient tradition and modern aesthetic
* Smooth texture in pure cotton for extra softness and deluxe comfort; Light-weighted and gentle to skin *
* Hand-dyed with traditional Ikat technique featuring characteristic hypnotic blue nuances - a truly oriental casual chic! *
* A unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage! *
This exclusively elegant scarf is a unique textile artwork! This statement accessory is 100% handmade in pure cotton to ensure you premium quality and ultra-softness, skilfully realised by the talented local Thai artisans with the sophisticated Ikat technique of weaving and dyeing. This scarf makes the ideal key for your wardrobe if you are looking for a silky elegant clothing experience. Wear it with light neutral separates or to complement your evening wear, and you won¡¯t even need to take your coat off to show your class!
About Ikat (Mudmee)
Ikat or mudmee is a typical textile technique used in Northeast Thailand to weave and tie-dyeing cotton or silk. Ikat is realised through a meticulous procedure that involves hand tying and dyeing the patterns into the cotton or silk yarns before weaving. During the process, a straw or a banana rope is used to avoid that the yarns absorb too much water. The nuances change according to how many times the process is repeated: the more, the darker. After dyeing, each yarn is woven separately and combined with one another to produce a variety of designs playing with the contrast between coloured and uncoloured areas. Traditionally, Ikat (Mudmee) clothing could only be worn by the aristocracy. Such complex, refined and sophisticated technique is today widely renowned as a unique work of textile art.
Measurement: 204cm x73cm
Help us to Help!
With this purchase you are contributing to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to the mission of improving the quality of life of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserving their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly at your door. A big thank you for supporting us!
* 100% HANDWOVEN SCARVF BY ETHNIC LADIES, NOT FACTORY MASS PRODUCED *