Trendy Contemporary Allure with Asian Twist for Cosmopolitan Ladies - 100% Handmade 925 Sterling Pendant Necklace with Chinese Jade and Red Agate
~ Featuring ~
* ELEGANTLY HANDMADE: Handmade piece by piece, no factory mass production - 100% finely crafted by highly skilled artisans from Beijing in China
* ETHICALLY SOURCED: We directly partner with and source all our products from genuine local artisans - each purchase is a unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalized ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage
* MATERIAL: Top Quality 925 Sterling Silver with Exquisite Hotan Jade and Red Agate and Enamel decoration. 0.6 x 0.6 inch, 5.8g, chain length: 17.3inch - Comes with Certificate of Identification issued by Chinese National Jewelry Inspection and Certificate Center
* EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP COMBINING TRADITION AND INNOVATION: Uniquely handcrafted using traditional carving art and enamelling technique from Ancient Chinese cultural heritage - A tribute to the past Imperial splendour in unique modern style
* TRENDY CONTEMPORARY LOOK WITH ORIENTAL ZEST: Smooth Asian design with lucky floral elements / Chinese characters / bats/ magpies uniquely enriched with hypnotising jade and red agate - Enhance your worldwide chic statement with authentic oriental aptitude!
This charming pendant necklace revisits the beauty of Chinese cultural heritage in contemporary key. Skilfully handcrafted by Beijing jewel makers from sterling silver, it features an intricate carved profile with bats/magpies/flowers /enlivened with enamel/ traditionally symbolising happiness/luck, to support charming jade and red agate as a further wish for health and prosperity. Wear on neutral cardigans to upgrade your daily look or on a slightly low-cut midi floral dress for a casual chic outfit.
Chinese Hotan Jade and Red Agate: a Long-Lasting Chinese Heritage
Each beautiful jewel is handcrafted by fine artisans in Beijing using exclusive Hotan jade and Sichuan red agate reinterpreting the style of Qing Palace jewelry in an original contemporary key.
Jade has been an emblem of Chinese culture since ancient times. Contributing to development of Chinese civilisation, it has been present in art, culture and religion as element of spiritual value and moral dignity at least since Western Han Dynasty (200 BC). Jade has been associated with healing powers, and was employed both in medicine and religious rituals to purify the body and spirit from their disease. Interestingly, the English word "jade" derives from the Spanish term "piedra de hijada", literally meaning "stone of the loin" to refer to how it was used to cure kidney diseases. In China, jade jewelry gained popularity especially during Ming (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasties (1644-1911) when it was worn by the imperial elite as a status symbol. One of the most valuable and priced varieties of jade is Hotan or Hetian Jade, mined in the Kunlun Mountains surrounding Hotan oasis town in Uygur, Xinjiang Province, to which it owes its name. Hotan jade mainly consists of tremolite which gives it a distinctive white-off to yellow colour, although it also exists in the usual bright green.
Today, jade and agate have become increasingly rare due to the progressive exhaustion of sources.
Item number: XJHTY925CYDZ106
Measurements: 0.6 x 0.6 inch, 5.8g, chain length: 17.3inch
Material: 925 Sterling Silver and Hotan Jade and Red Agate and Enamel
Care instructions: Jade is very delicate. Do not rub against hard surfaces, keep away from chemicals to avoid corrosion and avoid continuous exposure to sunlight. Wipe it with a soft cloth after wearing and store it in a box. To remove sturdier stains, use soft brush with light soap and water. As jade naturally contains water, keep it in an area of humidity to prevent over-drying.
Help Us to Help!
With this purchase you contribute to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly to your door. Thank you for supporting us!