Dazzling Art to Wear: 100% handmade Top in Cotton with Handsewn Vintage Embroidered Applique
* 100% HANDMADE: Each beautiful Top is meticulously hand embroidered by an outstanding Miao Hmong lady artisan in Southwest China.
* ONE PIECE ONLY, A RARE ART COLLECTIBLE: Artistically decorated with rare piece of Miao antique embroidery handsewn by Miao lady artisans according to their millenary tradition.
* ETHICALLY SOURCED: We directly partner with and source all our products from genuine ethnic minority groups - each purchase is a unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalized ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage
* MATERIAL: 100% cotton linen. Measurements: shouler width 16.1", sleeve length 22.8", waist 40.2", chest 37", garment length 39"
*UNIQUE VINTAGE EMBROIDERY TECHNIQUE: ICZCLXSY101 - satin stitch, over 50 years, from sleeve panels of Miao lady costume
* BOHO CHIC WITH AN ASIAN TWIST, MADE FOR EVERY WOMAN: Authentic vibrant ethnic design blended in loose and draped silhouette for a classy modern look to fit any body type.
Fabulous vintage look with oriental ethnic flair. Beyond the ordinary dress
This charming top is a rare wearable ethnic artwork, bringing elegance to your look without compromising on personality and comfort. Accurately handcrafted in pure cotton by an artistic Miao Hmong tailoress, the top comes in a shine bright colour and is enriched by exquisite vintage embroidered appliques retrieved from a 1970 traditional Miao Costume. The typically vivid totemic design of Miao textile art features stylised flowers, spirals and geometries to bring an artistic flair to your look. The loose and floating silhouette and versatile neckline will make you look fabulous no matter your shape. Tuck it in neutral smart pants and a couple of cuff bracelets "cuff bracelets" to enhance your everyday look.
Miao Hand Embroidery: An Intangible Cultural Heritage
Miao embroidery art is a womanly tradition including 14+ techniques developed in 5,000 years and worldly sought after by Museum and private collectors for its cultural value and increasingly rare beauty. Used as a language to record their ancestral history, Miao women learn how to embroider since the age of 6. The abstract design is highly symbolic, representing life, nature, and wishes for good luck.
In 2006 the Chinese Government aligned with UNESCO enlisted Miao textiles and silver carved art in the national Intangible Cultural Heritage for its contribution to cultural diversity and human creativity.
Care instructions: We recommend dry clean. If this is not an option for you, hand-wash in cold water and let it air dry. Do not iron.
Help Us to Help!
With this purchase you contribute to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly to your door. Thank you for supporting us!